If you want to contribute to the well-being of people around the globe, UN jobs in Ethiopia are exactly what you need. As Ethiopia is one of the founding members of the UN, there are many vacancies to choose from. The main UN goal is to promote prosperity and protect the planet, so UN jobs in Ethiopia is a good opportunity to get a priceless experience and new knowledge. UN goals in Ethiopia include:
- to reduce poverty
- to improve people’s health and well-being
- to eradicate hunger
- to implement gender equality
- to develop infrastructure and various industries.
Almost every person can find at least a few interesting UN job offers in Ethiopia, but it may be challenging to get one.
UN jobs in Ethiopia: how to find a suitable one?
If you are uncertain of what exactly you are looking for, you’d better start with browsing the United Nations website to have a look at different job types and the requirements. Then, ask yourself a question if you have enough qualification to apply for this or that vacancy. In fact, the vacancies are different, but almost all of them require some working experience and education. The job categories are the following:
- Professional and higher categories
- Field service
- General service and related categories
- National professional officers
On the UN website, it’s also possible to use other filters to make it easier for you to find the job of your dream.
UN jobs in Ethiopia: a competition worth your effort
So, you have selected the position, being completely sure that you are an ideal candidate. But don’t underestimate yourself, as usually there are many candidates for the same position. Having decided to apply for one of UN jobs in Ethiopia, you should be ready for a kind of competition between you and other people eager to get the same job. If you think that your qualification, knowledge, and experience will help you in this adventure, you are welcome to proceed to the next step and apply for the desired position.
UN jobs in Ethiopia: the algorithm of getting one
So, we have finally got to last, but not least question a vast majority of people consider the most important: how to apply? This procedure is rather simple:
- Go to the career.un.org website and look for the job openings.
- Select “Ethiopia”. If you are looking for a certain category of job offers, you can use filters to make it easier.
- Click the “Search” button to have a look at all UN jobs in Ethiopia available.
- If you have already chosen a job offer and want to apply, you should first register at inspira.un.org. On this website, you will be asked to provide information about your qualifications, then you’ll have to write a cover letter, and that’s it – you are ready to apply.
- The last step is going back to the vacancy you have previously selected, and clicking the “Apply” button.
As you can see, the procedure is quick and easy. So, good luck!