There are many people eager to change the world for the better. But is this possible? The answer is yes if you know what is UNDP and how to apply for the positions available. If you feel ready to use your experience for good purposes, UNDP vacancies are just what the doctor ordered. The initial goal of the organization is to improve the life of people around the globe providing different countries with qualified specialists. Working in UNDP can be challenging, but it’s totally worth it. The salaries are also rather competitive, so keep reading to get to know how to apply and to get acquainted with all types of UNDP vacancies.
UNDP vacancies. The applying procedure
So, if you decided to apply for any of the UNDP vacancies, you’ll have to stick to the specific algorithm to go through the process easily. But before you start, make sure of the following:
- You have enough time to complete the application. Sometimes it takes people about two hours to have everything ready.
- Make sure your browser is a supported one (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
Now, let’s clarify how the entire procedure looks like.
- Open the UNDP website and register (simply enter your e-mail and password).
- Have a look at current job postings and their descriptions. Think about what seems the most attractive.
- Go to the “Personal Information” section and fill in all the information required (your name, address, phone details, and so on).
- Complete the “Job requirements” section. This one includes information about your education, language skills, etc.
- Complete the work experience information.
- The next step is to provide information about your licenses, training, and certification.
- Go to the ‘References” section and fill in the information required.
- You are just one step away to the finish. Respond to several “Other information” questions.
- Complete your “Motivation statement” information.
- That’s it, you are ready to submit your application!
UNDP vacancies: choose the most suitable one
As it was previously mentioned, there are many vacancies available, you just have to select the one that seems the most attractive and wait, apply and wait for the response. Remember that salaries are competitive, so very often there are many people applying for the same position. Your working experience, knowledge of foreign languages, and additional training can be your privilege. While browsing jobs, you will see there are several categories, including general stuff, consultants, internship programs, United Nations volunteers, service contractors. Each category has plenty to offer. Don’t know what to do with your future as you are about to finish university? Choose the internship program. The only interest of yours is helping people? You will certainly be a good volunteer. Or probably you are interested in providing people with knowledge? Working as a consultant is exactly what you need. If you wish to work in security or IT, you can become a service contractor.
As you can see, your options are plentiful, so don’t waste your time, choose the position, and apply. Good luck!